Tv Analysis Monthly Report September2014
A JOINT RESEARCH STUDY OF PAS AND MEDIABANK PAKISTAN
TV MONTHLY INDUSTRY REPORT gives the overall picture of advertising on TV during the month of September 2014. It covers top advertisers, categories and brands and their % share in total advertising in terms of minutes. The report also focuses on share of TV channels, share of each genre and ad-spend split over the time slots. The report also compares % advertising in minutes done by various advertisers on YOY basis.
· The most popular category on TV remains Cellular Communication followed by Beverages and Personal Care. These three top categories share accumulates to 51% of the total share of advertising minutes on TV. The other strong category is Detergents (15%) followed by food (9%) including culinary and confectionery.
· Compared to September 2013, the spending trend of advertising minutes remained the same with Cellular Communication, Beverages and Detergents on the top with accumulated share of 43%.
· Construction that enjoyed a share of 10% last year in September now stands at 2% this year.
· Top 10 advertisers on TV that represent 60% of the total advertising share include Unilever at a staggering 24% followed by P&G at 8% and Q Mobile at 7% respectively.
· In September 2013, Unilever, P&G and Pepsi Cola remained on top with a cumulative share of 24%. Unilever alone had only 9% share last year, which has increased by nearly 63% this year.
· The top three brands that advertised heavily in the month of September 14 on TV include Surf Excel, Q Mobile and Coca Cola.
· Interestingly Pepsi Cola that stands at ninth position with a share of just 2% this year had a strong presence on TV during September 2013 with a share of 7%. Coca Cola on the other hand had a very low share last September (1%).
· Liaqat Hospital was the top brand last year in September followed by Pepsi and Ufone.
· The channels that enjoyed the highest advertising include A-PLUS, Abb Takk and 8xm with a cumulative share of 16%.
· City 42, Geo News and ATV were the top channels last year with cumulative share of 10%.
· Channel Abb Takk that stands at number two this year, was not present last year.
Previous Article« Dentsu Aegis Network Seeks Greater Presence in Pakistan with Synergy Group
Next ArticleRadio Advertising Industry Snapshot – September 2014 »