TV Advertising Analysis Monthly Report – August 2015
A JOINT RESEARCH STUDY OF PAS AND MEDIABANK PAKISTAN
TV MONTHLY INDUSTRY REPORT gives the overall picture of advertising on TV during the month of August 2015. It covers top advertisers, categories and brands and their % share in total advertising in terms of minutes. The report also focuses on share of TV channels, share of each genre and ad-spend split over the time slots. The report also compares % advertising in minutes done by various advertisers on YOY basis.
1. In August, there is slight increase of 2% in the total minutes of advertising compared to July 2015.
2. Comparing to the last year trend of the same period, there has been a significant growth of 40% in the total minutes of advertising.
3. Beverages, detergents and cellular communications remain the top three categories enjoying the highest share of advertising minutes on TV.
4. Unilever tops the list of most advertised company on TV. Alone it enjoys a share of 15% which is a cumulative of the other two (P&G and Coca Cola).
5. The top three brands that advertised the most on TV remain Coke Studio (Because of large duration of songs), New Ariel Blue and Dew.
6. Tv One tops the list of top TV channels getting the most advertising. This applies to prime time slot of 7pm to 11pm.
7. News and entertainment remain the most preferred segments for advertising with Food, kids and health programmes attracting the least advertising.
8. The top three time slots for advertising include 7pm to 11pm and 12 noon to 5pm followed by morning slot of 6am to noon.
Next ArticleRadio Advertising Industry Snapshot – August 2015 »