Outdoor Advertising Annual Report
The Outdoor media Ad Ex report offers you an in-depth and accurate estimate of annual spending by different advertisers in your category as well the overall market. The report is based on Top 5 cities namely Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi/Islamabad, Faisalabad & Multan. The value estimates do not include creative non-permanent branding like round-abouts etc. Pole Sign values are also shared separately.
Data Source: Winning Solution
Outdoor Ad- Ex Highlight 2015:
– The industry spent 11 Billion on outdoor media in Top 5 cities. This amount is 65% of the total asset value in these cities, 35% of media remained vacant.
– Unilever is the market leader in Outdoor Media spent, Top 3 Clients put together spent 11% of the total industry spent with Unilever on top with the spending of 384 million, Pepsi Co 369 million and Gul Ahmed 350 million across top 5 cities of Pakistan.
– Fashion & Lifestyle brands were the top spenders and contributed 19% and an estimated 2.2 Billion in ad-spent followed by Telecom and Fast Food with 824 million and 545 million respectively.
– Top 10 categories hold more than half of the share in annual advertised spent which is 6.8 billion in value.
– Karachi holds 50% of the industry value whereas Lahore holds only 15% of the boards but has the most expensive mediums amongst the top 5 cities and contributes 27% to the industry value.
– Unilever & P&G spent an approximate of 384 million and 80.9 million respectively in 2015.
– EBM & CBL were the major spenders and did the branding of around 90% in Biscuits category with EBM on top with the value of 225.6 million.
– Gul Ahmed is the top slot spender in Fashion Category with the spending of 15% followed by Khaadi and JDot with 11% share in the category
– Top 3 Brands namely Gul Ahmed, Pepsi Cola and Dairy Milk Chocolate contributed 5% which is 654 million to the annual advertise share.
– Telenor held 38% of the share of Telecom spending followed by CM Pak (Zong) and Mobilink
– Mondelez was the key spender in confectionary with branding of over 80% of 252 million in 2015.
– In CSD category Pepsi and Coca Cola were the major spenders with 98% branding across top 5 cities with Pepsi on top with 69% share followed by Coca Cola.
Previous Article« Writing a winning case study – Entry Form is the key material
Next ArticlePEMRA advises TV channels to install time delay mechanism »